There are 88 events (and counting) happening all over the world on TEDxYouthDay, which is only 71 days away!
Many of the events’ teams are involving young people in their organizing process — in fact, kids are central to the planning of this global movement all over the place.
The ways in which youth are involved in planning TEDxYouthDay are diverse. Here are some of the ways that youth are taking action to make TEDxYouthDay reach a wide audience and make a global impact:
- TEDxYouth@GLM - Bogotá, Colombia: The primary organizer is 18 himself, and he is responsible for the whole event.
- TEDxYouth@Tokyo - Tokyo, Japan: Youth aged 8 to 18 are forming a core committee and organizing the whole event themselves.
- TEDxYouth@Huntsville - Huntsville, AL: Youth aged 8 to 12 are curating the event and are fully responsible for finding the speakers.
- TEDxYouth@Hewitt - New York, NY: Youth aged 13 to 18 are in charge of the program, including contacting speakers and handling social media, sponsorship, technology, decoration, and design.
- TEDxYouth@TheNile - Cairo, Egypt: Youth aged 13 to 18 are organizing the event from top to bottom: they are reaching out to sponsors, reaching out to the other youth in the community, and are managing their social media outlets.
- TEDxYouth@Tucson - Tucson, AZ: Youth aged 13 to 18 are choosing the speakers and planning the activities.
- TEDxYouth@Krungthep - Samut Prakarn, Thailand: Youth aged 13 to 18 are the designers, communicators, speakers, and idea think tank of the event.
- TEDxYouth@Conejo - Thousand Oaks, CA: Youth aged 13 to 18 are entirely shaping the program themselves. They are establishing the planning committees and working groups, structuring the speaker selection, designing the marketing and promotion, and are managing the budget.
- TEDxYouth@Amman - Amman, Jordan: Youth aged 8 to 18 are appointed as school ambassadors and are helping to recruit potential speakers and performers, giving social media outreach advice, and providing feedback on what the youth want to see and hear at the event.
- TEDxYouth@Timisoara - Timisoara, Romania: Youth aged 17 and 18 are promoting the event, copywriting for the website and brochures, writing blog posts about the event, and talking to school officials.
To learn more about these events, check out the “Attend an Event” tab on the TEDxYouthDay website.