Before I die I want to..
"Before I Die" is a project by TED Fellow Candy Chang that asks strangers to share what they most want to accomplish in their lives. Since Candy created the first “Before I Die” wall in New Orleans in 2011, people have installed “Before I Die” walls in 62 countries around the world, including at many TEDx events.
Above, a selection of a few TEDx “Before I Die” installations at TEDxHonolulu in Hawaii, TEDxJerusalem in Jerusalem, TEDxRiyadh in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and TEDxBerkeley at the University of California, Berkeley.
Below, Candy’s 10 favorite “Before I Die” responses, from her interview with the TED Blog:
Before I die I want to…
- be completely myself (New Orleans, LA, USA).
- stare at the stars with the people I love (Pohang City, South Korea).
- own my own ice cream factory (Asunción, Paraguay).
- be a stripper and a nun at the same time (Santiago, Chile).
- see where my grandma grew up (Townsville, Australia).
- have my own theme song (Johannesburg, South Africa).
- overcome depression (Newport News, VA, USA).
- create a typeface of my own (Almaty, Kazakhstan).
- try lots of things (Brooklyn, NY, USA).
- stop being afraid (Jerusalem, Israel).
(Photos: Instagram users dselectived, maha_92; _janiekins_; elishaseye)