Jess Thom spent years trying to ignore the fact that she had Tourette’s until she made a freeing discovery: she could use her tics to make art. Once she saw their creative potential, her life and perspective changed. She founded the nonprofit, Touretteshero, and she now celebrates her condition.
Her tips for living a creative life:
- Be open to finding creativity in unusual places.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes or to experiment with new ideas.
- Do ask for help when you need it.
- Be ready to see things from other people’s perspective.
- It’s not essential, but wearing sparkly pants and a shiny cape helps, too.
Read our full interview with Jess here.