Beautiful, bizarre images of Earth taken by the European Space Agency’s fleet of Earth-observing satellites.
These pictures are more than just cool: In a talk at TEDxBarcelona, Stephen Briggs — head of Earth Observation science at the ESA’s European Space Research Institute — tells the fascinating tale behind the satellite and explains how these uncommon images of Earth are more valuable than you think.
Watch the whole talk here»
1. Aragon and Catalonia, Spain
2. The Okavango River Delta, Botswana
3. Sand dunes, Namibia
4. The Great Salt Desert, Iran
5. Palouse Region, United States
6. Rural Kansas, United States
(Images via ESA)